Monday, June 10, 2013

The Loveland Frogmen (cont'd)

Day 3:

            I was surprised to even be alive when I first opened my eyes today. I am getting way too old for this. I checked my watch. It said 11:30am. My whole body felt sore and slow. I decided that I’ve had enough. I had given up and decided to just go home. One problem remained: I was lost in the middle of the woods with a crate, a flashlight, a knife, a compass, a watch and a can of paint. All I remembered was that I was going west when I stopped, so that meant I had to travel east. I did so, not completely sure if the direction I was traveling in was the right one. I walked slowly, looking for some of my boot imprints. Eventually, things began to look familiar again. It turned out that I was not as far away as I had thought. I looked across a small stream and saw the sideways tree. I checked my cameras as soon as I got there. At first it looked like the other footage I got, but after giving it a second look I noticed there was something moving in the background. I couldn’t tell for sure what it was. It was a dark figure moving across a dark background. Still, there was enough proof to make me want to look for the rest of the day.                  

           Before I started my search again, I had to go back to my camp for food, water and other supplies. I had my mind so set on finding the creature that it took me a few minutes to realize that a lot of my things were not where I left them. It was obvious that someone, or something, had been going through my things. I took a walk through the woods to investigate. Then I heard footsteps. It was walking on two legs, just like the Loveland Frogmen.  Before I knew it we were face to face with each other, only it wasn’t a Loveland Frogman. It was a State Trooper. And he wasn’t too happy to see me there. Apparently, I was trespassing on private property. Luckily, I got off lightly with just a slap on the wrist… and a ticket. Since I was breaking the law, I had to pack up my gear and leave, but I will find the Loveland Frogmen (eventually). 

No comments:

Post a Comment