Monday, June 10, 2013

Tahoe Tessie (cont'd)

Day 3:
            Again, I am writing down the events of the day, but this time I am not doing it from the cabin of my brother’s boat. No, I am doing this from a cheap, rundown motel near the California/Nevada border. Today was the worst day I’ve had on a quest in years. It was worse than that time I got shot at by hunters while looking for Sasquatch. It was even worse than the one I went on to find the Loveland Frogmen, which I will find. This is what happened:
I was woken up by a loud clap of thunder this morning before 7am this morning. I went out to the deck to see how the weather was. I knew it was supposed to rain, but I didn’t think it would be this bad. The sky was black, the wind was blowing hard, the waves were making the whole boat rock, and it was torrentially down pouring. Not wanting to deal with that weather I went back to sleep. When I woke up a few hours later the wind had died down, but the rain was still coming down. I decided to just tough it out and resume my quest for Tahoe Tessie. By mid-day I was about 200 yards from the shore, near Cave Rock. I spent hours maneuvering the boat, throwing in my bait and waiting with my eyes glued to the monitor. Eventually, the dark of night came back, and so did the wind, waives, and rain. Trying to move in the way I wanted to was a nightmare, but I was convinced I would find it. I paid too much attention to the monitor and not enough to where I was headed.

Without realizing it, I sailed too close to the rocks and hit one. There was a loud bang and the boat came to a halt. It took too much damage and I was forced to call for help. Not only did I ruin my brother’s boat, I was fined for sailing after hours. I don’t think I should come back to look for Tessie… mainly because they won’t let me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment