Monday, June 10, 2013

The Loveland Frogmen (cont'd)

Day 2:
            It was a long, uncomfortable night. I woke up sore this morning, before the sun was even out, to check my cameras. Again, they showed nothing. I returned to my camp to start making my breakfast. After breakfast I began to venture into the wilderness. I went about 200 yards through a wet field and another 100 into the woods before I saw some tracks. Excited, I got a closer look at them, but determined that they were from a raccoon. This at least meant that there were other animals around. Before then I hadn’t seen anything other than a few birds and some bugs. I saw a tree to the west of where I spotted the tracks. It had fallen over and its roots were unearthed with mud still stuck to them. It looked like the perfect place to find a frogman. Again, there was nothing notable. It was already after noon, and I was exhausted, hungry and discouraged, so I went back.

            I returned to that same spot this evening, as the sun was going down. This time I brought a new item with me. It was a crate that I picked up from town this afternoon. When I went back to my camp earlier in the day, two things occurred to me: I would need something to keep this thing in, and I have only really looked for it during the day. I figured I might have better luck when it’s dark out. I also brought my can of paint for good luck. The first place I looked at was the fallen tree. I could tell just by looking at the area around it that something was not right. Some branches were broken off and there was a big hole in the wall of dirt around the roots. Out of fear of scaring it away, I set up one of my cameras on a nearby tree and got out of there. For the better part of an hour I waltzed around looking for some sort of clue. Finally, I sat down under a tree to rest. When I checked my watch it said it was only 10:00. For a little extra luck, I cracked open the paint can and took a whiff. Maybe I’m just superstitious, or maybe there is some supernatural correlation between that brand of paint and cryptids. After fifteen minutes I got up and went back to searching. I was willing to stay out there all night if I had to; I just didn’t think I would. Some time passed, but I finally saw something. I heard something rustling in the bushes to my right. Then something ran out of it, so I chased it down. I chassed that sucker for a while, but I was too slow and it had escaped. Before I knew it I was completely lost. I had no idea of where I was and I forgot my GPS in the truck. I had no choice but to find the safest place and settle down for the night. I am still at that place, waiting for morning to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment